Huawei Nova 5
Get the Huawei Nova 5
- Storage: 128GB
- Primary camera: 48 MP + 16 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP | Secondary camera 32 MP
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- Battery: 3500 mAh Li-Po
Huawei Nova 5 Features
- Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1
- HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm)
- Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- 128 GB, 8 GB RAM
- OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- DCI-P3 108%
- NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Primary camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
16 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
2 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide) dedicated macro camera
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Selfie camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging 40W (85% in 30 min)
- Colors: Black, Purple, Green
Design and build
Huawei Nova 5 has a dew drop notch. Its bezels are relatively slim and the display beneath it the finger print scanner. Guess what else about this display, it is edge to edge.
The back panel is glossy, this has somewhat become Huawei’s trademark look on mid-tier smartphones. It features the same looks as on the 5i with the same camera arrangement. At the bottom right corner is Huawei branding in vertical orientation just as the Quad camera setup. It has a clean finish this phone and the curved corners allow for a phone comfortable to hold. Notice also how the display curves in sync with the corner curves.
Display and camera
An OLED capacitive touchscreen, hmm- nice. OLED for those who understand is characterized by deep blacks. That translates to great viewing angles and outdoor visibility alike. All on 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2, 85.1% screen-to-body ratio display panel. Ah this one will be a pleasure to interact with that you can trust. Resolution is 1080 x 2340 pixels with a 403 ppi density and DCI-P3 108% compliance. I think Huawei must have been aiming for perfection here.
It is a whooping Selfie camera: 32 MP, f/2.0 camera lens that shoots 1080p@30fps videos mate. Do tell, where else would you get such on a Huawei smartphone and at this price point?
The primary camera on the back a 48 MP, f/1.8 wide lens, a 16 MP, f/2.2 also wide lens, a 2 MP, f/2.4 dedicated macro camera and finally a 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor. Now that is a lot going on there you can bear me witness.
In case you have questions about HiSilicon chipsets, here is your answer. These are exclusive to Huawei smartphones and do hold up just great. It is a chipset that fights out with other like Exynos for Samsung or the household Snapdragon. This time, a HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm) was the choice chipset. The CPU is an Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55) and graphics are well handled by a Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
Imagine 8 GB RAM on this smartphone friends. What would you do with 8GB or RAM? internal storage being 128 GB and it can be boosted up to 256GB using a nano memory card. Its good battery life is ensured by its non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery which should go a full day until next charge is required. Also depending on your usage, you may get longer or slightly lesser durations.
Huawei Nova 5 is available in three color options Black, Purple and Green- have your choice. A solid smartphone it is with impressive cameras and powerful performance.
BLACK, Green, Purple
|Number of Cores||
48MP + 116MP + 2MP + 2MP
accelerometer, big storage, Compass, Fingerprint, gyro, higher performance, longer lasting battery, Proximity, Selfie Camera